- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon grated onion (opt.)
- 1 ½ teaspoons poppy seeds
Shake until blended- set aside.
Measure 1/3 cup sugar, set next to the dressing above (you’ll be adding it to the dressing just before serving)
- 1 large bag spinach- triple washed
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- ½ cup cashew pieces
- 1 cup (+) fresh sliced strawberries
- 2-3 Granny Smith apples-(pears work great too!) Peeled & chopped-make sure this is done last so your apples don’t turn brown.
Mix together in a glass bowl. Add your sugar to the dressing, re-shake & add to salad.