In the bowl of a mixer add:
- 2 ½ cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/8 cup oil (extra virgin olive oil)
Cream the above ingredients. In another bowl combine the following:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
Add these dry ingredients alternately with 1 ½ cups of milk to the creamed ingredients.
- 1 ½ Tablespoons fresh poppy seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoons almond flavoring
- 1 ½ teaspoons butter flavoring
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla flavoring
Mix until just blended. This recipe makes 1 large loaf or 4 medium loaves (grease pans for easier removal). Bake at 350⁰ for 40-45 minutes. Use a tooth-pick to check for doneness.
In the meanwhile, in a small bowl- add the following ingredients & whisk:
- ½ teaspoon almond flavoring
- ½ teaspoon butter flavoring
- ½ teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¾ cup sugar
As soon as the loaves are done & out of the oven- top with the above sugar sauce. YUM!!!