After years of making my best friend Dorothy’s chocolate torte I decided to put my spin on it for a fun Christmas dessert. My husband loves Rumplemintz and I love peppermint chocolate- when these two ingredients collide… WOW! A fun & minty dessert that is so easy to make with a great holiday presentation!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix – make & bake in a 9X13 pan- cool.
- 1 large box instant chocolate pudding- prepare and chill in refrigerator.
- 1 – 16 oz. container lite cool whip -unthawed
- Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips, 10oz
- 4-5 Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares
Use a glass serving dish- this dessert is built by layering ingredients 3 times.
Divide cooled cake into 3 sections. Start by Crumbling 1/3 of the cake and put in the bottom of the bowl; sprinkle the cake with the Rumplemintz…. Spread 1/3 of the prepared pudding on top of crumbled cake. It’s important to be mindful of the edges of the bowl- you want this to look pretty!! Next, spread 1/3 of the thawed cool whip over pudding. Sprinkle 1/3 of the Andes crunch baking chips on top. Repeat this whole process 2 more times. Finish by carefully cutting the Ghirardelli squares in half and poking them in on top. Insert large spoon and watch it disappear!!!
*Try using peppermint coffee syrup in place of the Rumplemintz for a non-alcoholic dessert.