I LOOOVE anything with chocolate, caramel, pecans & sea salt!!! These “twice baked” cookies are the bomb! Great with your morning coffee or an afternoon snack – these make great gifts as they keep well for shipping!!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon good vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Kraft caramel bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate for drizzle
- Fleur De Sel (French sea salt)
preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a bowl add flour, baking powder & salt- set aside.
In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar- add eggs and vanilla; blend well.
Add flour mixture just until incorporated; add in caramel bits, chocolate chips & pecans. With a parchment paper covered cookie sheet- form dough into a log approximately 4” X 16”. Bake for 25 minutes- cool for 15 minutes. With serrated knife cut log into 1/2” slices. Bake biscotti 5 minutes more on each side. Melt chocolate in small baggie in microwave- snip corner of baggie and drizzle chocolate over cooled biscotti; sprinkle with Fleur De Sel (big flakes of sea salt) Let set up on counter then store them in container separating layers with parchment paper.
* gift ideas- present them in a plastic gift bag with bow and cute tag, or make your own basket with coffee, a mug and a good read. They keep well and are great for freezing and shipping- enjoy!!