This is a fabulous brioche dough recipe – great as buns for cheeseburgers or made small for sliders (hamburger,turkey, sloppy Joes, cold cuts, shredded pork and my favorite smoked brisket!) also I hit it with a stick of butter right when they come out of the oven (just like my Mom used to do back in the day) and sprinkle it with my favorite “fancy garlic salt” from The Spice House. I also serve this up with my Italian fare.
So, why this picture with this recipe? I have no idea- it just makes me laugh every time!
- 1/3 cup water (105⁰-115⁰)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks (reserve whites)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Egg Wash:
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tablespoons water
1) Combine all your ingredients in your bread machine except egg wash . Run it on the dough cycle.
2) After dough cycle is complete, place dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead a few times and separate into 10-12 equal pieces (depending on what size you want your buns) Roll each into a ball and place on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Put in a warm place until the rolls double in size- approximately 1 hour.
3) Preheat oven to 350⁰. Whisk together the egg wash and brush across the top of each roll. Bake on the middle shelf until lightly golden 15-20 minutes. I often sprinkle the buns with garlic salt ❤