Easter greetings! Continue reading “Easter feast ideas”
- 12 ounces premier white chocolate chips
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 1 ounce limoncello
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- white chocolate for enrobing
- sparkling sugar
- crushed lemon drop candies
In a double boiler warm up cream, add chocolate stirring well. Turn off heat and add in limoncello, lemon juice & zest. Stir together and cover with plastic wrap- refrigerate 2-3 hours. When firm enough to work with – use a small cookie scoop and form balls, roll with your hands to form a nice shape. Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Return to the refrigerator to firm up. Melt the remaining chocolate in double boiler- using a fork enrobe each truffle and return to cookie sheet. If the chocolate seems to thick then add a little bit of shortening to loosen it up. Top with a sprinkling of sparkling sugar and crushed lemon drop garnish. Return to refrigerator to chill once more before packing them into gift boxes.
- 1 Tablespoon regular or super fine sugar
- 1 Tablespoon sparkling white sugar – opt. but gorgeous!
- 1 good sized lemon
- 1 1/2 Jiggers lemonade
- 1 1/2 Jiggers simple syrup*
- 1 1/2 Jiggers Limoncello
- 3 Jiggers Absolut CitronVodka
Cut lemon in half then with each half cut a pretty slice for garnish- set aside.
Combine your sugars on a plate; using a remaining lemon half, coat your two rims of your martini glasses quickly coating the wet rim in the sugar evenly- set aside.
Using a citrus reamer, juice the remaining lemon halves into your martini shaker.
Add your lemonade, simple syrup, Limoncello & Citron vodka. Add ice, cover and shake really well.
Pour the amazing contents into your glasses and float your lemon slice on top.
* Combine 1 cup sugar with 1 cup water on stove until sugar has dissolved- store in fridge for 2 weeks
Easter- a true sign that spring is here. A time of renewal & growth- beautiful colors all around ❤ Continue reading “Ready, Set…. Easter Egg Hunt!!”
Recipe by Mama Carp…. Name of recipe by Joanne Pollock Kohler (sister) lol
Just in time for Easter- I was messing in the kitchen and this is what I came up with ❤
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 oz. pretzel sticks ( I used ½ of an 8 oz. bag of gluten free pretzels by Glutino)
- 1- 16 oz. jar of honey roasted peanuts
- 1 -14.25 oz. box chocolate flavored Chex cereal (gluten free)
- 1 cup Kraft Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits
- 1- 12.60 oz. bag of “bunny mix” M&M’s
- 1/8 cup reduced fat Skippy creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz.(1/2 package) of CandiQuik vanilla flavored chocolate
In a large plastic bowl- combine Chex cereal, pretzels and nuts; stir & set aside.
In a saucepan melt the first three ingredients together on stove- bring to a boil making sure that all the sugar has dissolved. Add baking soda and stir- mixture will be HOT! immediately pour over Chex mixture and stir well. Microwave mixture for three minutes, stirring every minute. Line counter with wax paper and spread mix out to cool for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle generously with Kraft Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits & the M&M’s. Melt the white chocolate and peanut butter for approximately 2 minutes in the microwave, stirring halfway. Drizzle white chocolate/peanut butter mix on top of “HTGT” mixture. When hardened, break into pieces and place in bowl to serve. Also darling in individual treat bags with a ribbon & tag ❤ Take advantage of all the holiday M&M’s throughout the year and change up the nuts as well!! We make this for every gathering : )